1. Thanks for taking some time to be interviewed. Can you please introduce your self and tell us just a bit about what you do?
So, I am an upcoming trap metal/rage artist, hailing from India but my music resonates more with the underground scene of UK and US. I make trap metal, dark trap and sometimes emo rap music too.
2. When, where, and why did your journey in music begin? And did you have another project before this one?
I started started making music like a year ago when I was just messing around with stuffs like YouTube, streaming and reactions. But at that time, I went by the name “SladeRex” and was just trying out genres. But after May 2020, I changed my stage name to SLXDEREX and became more serious about it and started dropping music while learning from other artists.
3. Who gets bragging rights for helping you get to where you are now?
My friend Bharath. He was the one who introduced me to XXXTENTACION’s music, specifically his older music. After that, it was just me discovering other artists and taking influences from them. He is like my biggest supporter right now along with few others. Another one who helped me a lot when I was just starting out was LIL$ILCHAIN and the whole Scarecrow Gang. The collab which we did, “5 AM”, brought more attention to my music and that’s how I was able to reach to the point where I am now.
4. What can we expect from you in the future? New albums, releases, music videos?
I just upgraded my production quality recently, both in terms of music and videos. I will be dropping more frequently. I got three to four unreleased songs right now which are way better than my previous stuffs. I might shoot a music video too. So yeah, I will be grinding harder than usual.
5. Who is your favorite artist within the Trapmetal subgenre?
Gotta be Scarlxrd. Like even though his recent projects might have been a bit dull, you gotta admit that he is like the biggest artist in the Trap Metal subgenre. Only ones who are like able to match up to him might be BVDLVD, PRXJEK and even Sinizter.
6. If you could go on tour with anyone in the world, alive or dead, who would be on the bill with you? What is your dream tour?
I would love to go on tour with Scarlxrd. His tours are always crazy, especially the ones with Jacky P. If he is doing a show somewhere, we all know that there are gonna be moshpits in it.
7. What are the pros and cons of your local scene? Where do you see room for improvement? And what are your music scene’s strengths?
Imma be real honest with you. There is no local scene of trap metal or even a proper underground rap scene in my city. Everyone wanna aim for record label signing. I feel like I am the only one from my city or even from my country doing trap metal/ragecore cuz I tried to find artists like me in my city and found none. Most of the people who claimed to do trap metal in my country either just distort their rock vocals a lot or just add satanism in every line and call it trap metal. So me being like the only one doing it right is a pro and con for me.
8. Where do you see your self in 5 years? What about 10?
In 5 years, I will be either working a job in a software development company(if music doesn’t works out) or I will be a significant artist in the trap metal/ragecore scene.
9. What is a favorite song or video of yours that our readers should check out? And where is the best place to check you out online?
Blxxdshed is like my best song yet. Imma suggest y’all to check it out…or if it’s past June 7, check out UNDEAD on YouTube cuz the visualiser on YouTube for UNDEAD is really good.
10. As we wrap this up, what else do you want our readers to know? And thank you for your time!
Do what your heart wishes. Even if it turns out a failure, learn from it and try it again. Don’t be scared to try out different things and stay safe. If you are going through something bad, remember that this time will pass and you will be fine again.