1. Thanks for taking some time to be interviewed. Can you please introduce your self and tell us just a bit about what you do?
My name is yaxtzee I’m a 16 year old trap metal artist from a small town in Texas, I know this probably sounds like some lame ass promo comment you see on SoundCloud songs. But don’t let that fool you, I’ve been around this underground scene since I was fourteen, i make trap metal with themes focused/centered around the mad Max movie series, except with a spin on it. I’m tapped in with bigger underground artists like Pyrxciter, Yung Rare, DownWxlf, Emotional Xan, and others. I lead a family of artists called MetalHead Militia. I guarantee you my shit is hard. I’d love to finally gain some real exposure and meet more people in the underground if you’d have me.
2. When, where, and why did your journey in music begin? And did you have another project before this one?
I started around the time X died, but it wasn’t because of his passing, no it wasn’t any “imma continue your legacy Jah” bullshit. I met another small artist on discord and I was amazed by the fact that he actually went out of his way to release his stuff and show his creativity to the world and he inspired me to start making my own music.
3. Who gets bragging rights for helping you get to where you are now?
Sky Limits for one because he inspired me to start, my brother Kiddish for making music with me, all my brothers in metalhead militia, and yung rare for teaching me most of what I know now.
4. What can we expect from you in the future? New albums, releases, music videos?
I’m working on a bunch of new singles atm, me and yung rare have an collab ep dropping later this summer. I’m dropping mad Yax trifecta later on in the year (the third addition to my Mad Yax saga) with features from downwxlf, PRINCESSBRI, Yung Rare and Pyrxciter, fl.vco and two others I can’t speak on justtttt yet. Then metalhead militia is dropping a group project later in December (hopefully) with around 25 tracks.
5. Who is your favorite artist within the Trapmetal subgenre?
Definitely Yung Rare! that mf has never let down on any release.
6. If you could go on tour with anyone in the world, alive or dead, who would be on the bill with you? What is your dream tour?
Jimi Hendrix, Metalhead militia, Rare, KxllSwxtch and downwxlf, and since there’s no limits. fuck it let’s also throw in Ho99o9
7. What are the pros and cons of your local scene? Where do you see room for improvement? And what are your music scene’s strengths?
I live in a small hick town in Texas, there isn’t a local scene sadly. But! Lots of Shit goes on in Dallas and Fort Worth, theres a lot of venues, lots of good artists and studios, not like I know anything about studios I record all my stuff in my room. (But it sure as hell dosent sound like it.) all the people in my town likes are peep and suicideboys soooo trap metal isn’t the biggest thing for people.
8. Where do you see your self in 5 years? What about 10?
I see myself on tour with the people that have helped me get to where I am now, and making more music then ever. And in ten? Doing the same exact shit. I’m never gonna quit I got this shit tatted on me I can’t quit.
9. What is a favorite song or video of yours that our readers should check out? And where is the best place to check you out online?
Definitely listen to rush, issues and muddy bloody boots, or go back to my older shit like Mad Yax II
10. As we wrap this up, what else do you want our readers to know? And thank you for your time!
Let’s work!!! HMU bro I love meeting new people and working with other artists. Oh also, Imma take over this scene so watch out for me.