1. Thank you so much for taking some time to be interviewed! Can you please introduce yourself and tell us just a bit about what you do?
Yo! My name is $LA$HER, I make like punk / trap metal music; I’m from Texas, specially Dallas. I’m 18; I live like towards Irving but not in Irving, it’s an area in Dallas.
2. When, where and why did your journey in music begin? And did you have another project before this one?
I started music when I was really young, I was 14 when I first made a song, it was off my iPhone on an editing app. It was my first serious song, but before that, I made a song with my brother off my phone when I was like 13 and never dropped it cause he lost the file. My first serious song is now deleted mainly ‘cause it doesn’t resemble who I am now as a artist. I started taking music seriously seriously in 2020 when lock down first started, my earlier music is heavily inspired my suicide boys, & Ghostemane. My more newer music is more inspired by more newer trap metal artist, such as NLM ( VYTHE ), Omenxiii, Zillakami, Sybyr and syringe, Xxxtentacion, mainly the SoundCloud legends have influenced my more newer sound.
3. Who gets bragging rights for helping you get to where you are now?
Honestly, my homie ghost choke & star 44 have pushed me to get where I’m at now, if it wasn’t for them I wouldn’t be in the position I’m in right now.
4. What can we expect from you in the future? Any new albums, releases or music videos?
You can expect a collaboration tape with my homie star44, I’ve made music with him earlier in my career and I just love his sound. And our sounds together just sound so fire imo.
5. What inspires your lyrics?
Honestly my lyrics are inspired by a lot of anger, like there’s a deeper meaning on why my lyrics are hella angry but for now I’ll Leave it as, just imagine playing gta then imagine my lyrics.
6. Who is your favourite artist within trap metal/dark trap?
Right now I’d have to say, probably Vythe or myself, love Vythe’s aggressive sound tho props to brodie.
7. If you could go on tour with anyone in the world, alive or dead, who would be on the bill with you? What is your dream tour?
Hmm probably, with $uicideboy$, & the whole g59 label or with X. My dream tour would be to be on tour with all my homies who I started music with.
8. In the same vein as the previous question, what would your dream collaboration be? This can be artists within trap metal or something completely disconnected like indie rock
I’d love to work with, Freddie Dredd, Zilla, Omenxiii or Ghostemane. Shit maybe even Ekkstacy, Love all those guys especially Ekkstacy cause I witnessed him blow up. Very moving & inspirational to witness that first hand.
9. What do you think about your scene/is there much of a scene in Dallas? Where do you see room for improvement?
Honestly, I love my city but the Dallas scene is very spread out due to artist having huge ego’s if we all came together as a scene this would be way easier. I get more love from other cities than my own. Have mad love for gwap gang tho for painting the way of the Dallas underground scene. Artist in Dallas just needa drop their ego’s, we all want the same thing, we all working towards the same thing, why not just unite.
10. As we wrap this up, what else do you want our readers to know? And thank you for your time!
Just be yourself in the music scene, don’t try to have this huge ego, cause one day you might be poppin but the next you can be unknown. Besides all that check my homies out as well, if you enjoy the vibe in my music you’ll enjoy my homies vibes too. Homesoon & star44, both very talented mfs who I met here in Texas.