1. Thanks for taking some time to be interviewed for the Cover Feature of Trap Metal Arsenal Magazine. Please introduce yourself and tell us briefly what you do for those of us who don’t already know.
My name is “$ubjectz” I’m a recording artist engineer producer and song writer I’m mostly known for being one of the founding fathers of trap metal
2. Did you have other musical or artistic projects before $ubjectz came to be? And who or what pushed you into the underground alternative realm of things?
“$ubjectz” is my first and only project as far as I’ve existed musically. I didn’t purposefully try to aim toward any particular scene or group of people everyone is welcome society just has a great way of trying to box people in and categorize them going forward my goal is to free my art from that box.
3.What is the story or reason behind the name $ubjectz?
I got the name from the term royal subjectz , royal subjectz where property of the state so my name reflect on how the day we’re born we are given a name and a number it’s a constant reminder for myself and anyone who knows the meaning to break the simulation
4. What can we expect from you later this year and next year? New music? Visuals? Other projects?
Everyone can expect new music and new visuals Later this year maybe a project to start off 2024
5. What is your local music scene like? What are the pros? What are the cons? And where do you see room for improvement?
The scene in Ny is competitive most people see you as a competitor when as artist we should all be a conglomerate.
6. With an interest in who your influences are, if you could go on tour with anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would be on the bill with you? What is your dream tour?
I’ll have fun with this question pac dmx, ye, S.O.A.D and Korn all in there prime lol you would find me in the mosh pit fuck performing at that point.
7. How far are you going to take your career? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What about 10? And what is your endgame?
In 5 years I just see myself creating and collaborating more at a larger scale with a larger following. 10 years I see myself helping bring in the next generation of creatives and my end goal is just peace and happiness part of what will bring me that is helping everyone my music touches understand that during those moments where you want to give up you have to keep going because sometimes we loose battles but the goal is to win the War.
8. The world can be a hurtful toxic place sometimes. On the topic of “fighting with demons” what advice would you give aspiring new artists going through it and feeling hopeless right now?
Fear is not real it’s a figment of your imagination. Educate yourself on how to succeed in the industry if your music is quality you just need to find a way to get it to the people who will love and value it.
9. Let’s show some love to the producers! Who are some of your favorite beat producers that you have worked with recently and in the past?
UndeadYz, Lil Cxc, Gravehours, TR3, Nitetime, Roy Lenzo,Singe, Dutch
10. What was the pivotal moment or move that put you on track and made you realize this music life was serious business not just a hobby or a far-off dream? That 1st risk-litigating milestone?
I can’t name one pivotal moment Becuase I’ve always had faith since day one, but speaking with labels and watching close friends of mine enter the industry is what solidified everything.
11. As we wrap this up, is there anything else you would like our readers to know? Anything you want to plug? And thank you for your time! I’ve been listening to you for years and it’s a complete honor to do this interview with you. Thanks again.
to everyone who’s supported me over the years i thank you all for giving me a voice it’s the only thing Ive ever wanted growing up having you all value the art I make and appreciate the small gems of knowledge I dropped you all remind me that although we’re born and die alone we’re apart of something bigger during the time we spend here. Quick plug I’ll be having a website and merchandise dropping soon stay apart if the new movement “S.I.N” and thank you for interviewing me and thank you for listening for so long I hope we meet one day bless up fam!