An Interview With Pezzhead
- Thanks for taking the time to sit down with us here at Trap Metal Arsenal let’s start by introducing your self a who you are and what you are all about ?
I’m pezzhead and I’m from south east uk. I’m an alternative music artist and I’m all about innovation and giving people exciting sounds that you won’t find anywhere else in the country, or the world.
- What kick started your love for music and what or who go you into making music yourself?
My older brother was very into music growing up, mainly metal but there was also a lot of hip hop & rock there. I used to hang out in his room and listen to what ever he had on. Or I would just steal his cds and put them on my iPod.
- Do you have a thriving local scene that you’re a part of ? If so what are the strengths of your scene and what do you think you could improve?
I’m part of an alternative music scene in Brighton, mainly alt rap and hyper pop. We’ve been putting on some crazy shows considering we don’t use instruments and none of us have a throwback indie rockband, which Brighton favours massively. To improve we just gotta keep up the consistency of shows and the combatants of the scene gotta improve their music.
- What would you say your greatest weakness as a independent artist on the rise ??
My lack of patience, I gotta delay my gratification. I also gotta mix better.
- Which artists past or present would you say paved the way for this generation and the Trap Metal Genre ?
Biv, bvdlvd, lil darkie and the rest of spider gang. I dunno I only focus on the present.
- What was your favourite show you’ve played so far and what is your dream line up featuring yourself ?
My favourite show I’ve played so far was my headline show in Brighton around June time. Loads of people knew my lyrics, I don’t know about the next one. Probably just me with all my boys but when we’re all massive.
- What can we expect from you in the future? New Music? Tour News ?
New music, touring is wack unless there’s a crowd there to watch, even if it’s a small crowd, I don’t mind. I’m not touring just for the sake of touring EVER.
- Which of your releases would you recommend for new listeners to get a greater understanding of you as an artist ?
Whatever my newest release is at the time of you reading this interview.
- Who is your biggest influence as a artist and how have they influenced your sound?
Biiv because he taught me that I don’t need to have shit and I can still be dope.
- Now to wrap things up thank you again for giving us your time and do you have a message for your fans ?
Bruv just don’t be scared. I’m scared a lot of the time, I used to be a lot more scared. But don’t be, use your gut to guide you. Make the sound you always dreamed of making because I guarantee you’re not the only one with that idea. So don’t be scared and do it first before someone else gets there before you.